- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community.
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Promote an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
- Implement the Club’s programs, services, and activities that meet the requirements of all grants and support youth development outcomes.
- Provide a safe, well supervised, and high quality program structure to meet the needs and desires of the youth members that we serve.
- Establish and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Oversee a strategic planning process that results in the implementation of a quality strategic plan.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to create a vision for the future
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement. Implement plans for such improvements.
- Identify, recruit, and develop effective Board members for both the Orchard Park Corporate
Board and Unit Advisory Board.
- Encourage active participation by board members and support effective board roles and functioning.
- Oversee staff liaisons to Board committees to ensure they are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
- Ensure the annual budget is funded and that the organization has adequate cash flow.
- Oversee the development of financial plans.
- Participate in cultivation and solicitation visits with development staff and Board members.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the Club’s annual budget in collaboration with the Treasurer and Board Finance Committee.
- Ensure all necessary administrative and operational systems are in place to support effective operations.
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance, managing the performance of management level professionals to promote growth and success.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures and trends, notable achievements, and any problems/issues.
- Develop, implement, and monitor plans for updating existing technology and resources.
- Acquire and allocate funds for updating existing technology resources.
- Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information systems.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders, and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Increase visibility of Club programs, service, and activities.
- Develop and maintain good public relations.
- Foster, develop and implement fundraising initiatives.
- Hire, train, onboard and develop all administrative and program staff.
- Evaluate and ensure all staff members are background checked, reference checked and continuously trained in all safety, programming, etc. as required though BGCA, NYS, etc.
- Manage all labor laws and employment regulations within NYS
Internal: Maintain contact with Board of Directors, Club staff, volunteers, and Club members and their
External: Maintain contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, school officials, parents and others as required.
News & Events
Make a difference in your community
There are lots of ways you can help the Boys & Girls Clubs of Orchard Park! From volunteering to donations, it’s easy to join our movement. We can help you make a lasting difference in the life of a child.